Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Picture This!....Apocalypsies in the Wild, + Class of 2k11er's & Mundie Moms Katie B + more!

Happy Wednesday!  So I've had the most awesome time the last few weeks, traveling to two different conferences and going to a book launch last night.  I've had the chance to see so many wonderful writing friends and meet some new ones.  I've got a few pictures too, so.... for your viewing pleasure...

Several Apocalypsies (A group of authors who are debuting in 2012) in the wild at Jennifer Shaw Wolf's launch party for BREAKING BEAUTIFUL. From left, Marissa Meyer, CINDER; Jennifer, Danny Marks, VELVETEEN, Megan Bostic, NEVER EIGHTEEN, and J. Anderson Coats, THE WICKED AND THE JUST.

From the floor of the Texas Library Association conference, my dear Class of 2k11 friends, Christina Mandelski, THE SWEETEST THING and Amy Fellner Dominy, OyMG and AUDITION and SUBTRACTION, releasing in September 2012. We've been online friends for several years and then all met in real life at BEA last May and it was SO AWESOME to get to see them again in Houston.

 I was invited to participate in a "Books with Heart" panel at TLA with these amazing authors:  Deb Caletti, THE STORY OF US (+ many more), Lauren Kate, FALLEN series, Elizabeth Eulberg, TAKE A BOW and Lurlene McDaniel, SOMETIMES LOVE ISN'T ENOUGH.


Here's a shot of the Tor booth at TLA.  (and awesome YA editor Melissa Frain.) My publisher, TOR TEEN, had a whole bunch of wonderful Tor authors there (Lisa DesRochers, Blake Charlton, Dom Testa, Cherie Priest, David Lubar and Orson Scott Card) so it was really fun to get to hang with that crowd for a bit.

I also got to see two of my favorite bloggers:  The most wonderful Katie B. of MUNDIE MOMS (above) and the equally wonderful Maria Cari Soto of Cari's Book Blog (below.) Both of these ladies have been such a tremendous support to SO MANY authors, and I know I speak for many when I say we are so very grateful!  There were also a lot of other fantastic bloggers and authors there (like Jen Bigheart, Steph Redwine, Lynne Kelly, Michelle Flores, Steph Pellegrin , Tillie...+++  sorry if I forgot your name!!) that I didn't get pictures with.
And one last final picture from TLA, from the booth of Overlooked Books:  (starting from the right) PJ Hoover, author of THE FORGOTTEN WORLDS series and two upcoming books from TOR TEEN, (Congrats PJ!!! woot!)  Madeleine Smoot, author and publisher, and Christina Mandelski and Amy Fellner Dominy signing books for adoring fans!
That's it for now.  Hope you have a great day!
~Kiki

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we were able to spend so much time together. Now hurry back to Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too! It was great to see you (and the sunshine!!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome. I would love to meet everyone, especially Katie B. & P.J. Hoover. Awesome about P.J.'s book deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are even better in real life!! :-) and yes, very exciting for PJ - and Tor is a perfect fit for her. yay!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures, Kiki! Can't wait to see the cover of TTW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nandini! I'm pretty sure I'm going to release the cover next week - probably on the 1st! :-)

      Delete
  5. I am excited I finally got to meet you! It was so lovely to see you and have the chance to visit with you. I look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete